The History of
Established in 1950 by William and Jessie Baum, Shannon-Baum Signs began as a supplier of cut-out reflective letters. Soon we expanded to the sale of related safety products, such as “ glow tape “ for car bumpers and bicycles. More family members and employees became involved as the Baltimore-based business expanded. Finished signs were being manufactured as the company continued to grow. In 1988 we moved from the Baltimore location to a 36,000 square-foot modern facility in Eldersburg. Today, we employ over 30 people.
Our product lines include not only completed signs, but also aluminum blanks, sign faces, sign posts and brackets, ADA (American with Disabilities Act) tactile and Braille signs, emergency vehicle markings and decals, construction work zone products, and a wide variety of custom items. Today, we are the largest supplier of sign posts, as well as the largest traffic sign manufacturer in the state of Maryland. We are committed to providing quality products at competitive prices – with a dedication to complete customer satisfaction. We realize there are many Maryland sign companies to choose from and we are proud to have been serving businesses, local & state governments and more since 1950.